Planned giving, or legacy giving, is a wonderful way to support Lenox Hill Neighborhood House and ensure that future generations benefit from our remarkable programs and talented staff.
Those who make a planned gift to Lenox Hill Neighborhood House are recognized as members of the 1894 Society and may choose to be listed on our website, ensuring that their legacy is forever tied to the history of Lenox Hill Neighborhood House and inspiring others to consider making a planned gift.
The simplest planned gifts to support Lenox Hill Neighborhood’s future are bequests. Some options you might consider include:
- Cash Bequest: Designate a specific dollar amount or percentage of assets for Lenox Hill Neighborhood House in your will.
- Contingent Bequest: List Lenox Hill Neighborhood House as the beneficiary in the event of the death of all other beneficiaries.
- Real Property Bequest: Donate real property or the proceeds of real estate sold to Lenox Hill Neighborhood House.
- Residuary Bequest: Direct whatever is remaining from your estate to Lenox Hill Neighborhood House once all else has been paid off and satisfied.
- Retirement Bequest: List Lenox Hill Neighborhood House as the beneficiary of your retirement plan, including IRAs, tax-sheltered annuities, qualified pension or profit-sharing plan.
- Insurance Policies: List Lenox Hill Neighborhood house as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- Securities Bequest: Donate securities or the proceeds of securities sold to Lenox Hill Neighborhood House.
You should discuss this legacy opportunity with your advisers and attorneys and might consider the following suggested wording:
“I give and bequeath the sum of $__________(or__% of my estate) to Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, Inc., 331 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021 to be used in support of its charitable mission.”
Information your lawyer or financial planner will need for bequests:
Our Legal Name is: Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, Inc.
Our tax ID/EIN: 13-1628180
Our address and contact information for estates and trusts is:
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House
331 East 70th Street
New York, NY 10021
For more information, please contact David French, Director of Foundation Relations, at 212-218-0478 or email@example.com. You may choose to send a copy of the section of your will or other documents that detail your charitable plans so that we can include you in the 1894 Society.
Lenox Hill Neighborhood House is a qualified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.