Our attorneys and advocates provide free, comprehensive civil legal services to individuals and families – frail older adults, people with disabilities and those experiencing homelessness, immigrants, low-wage workers and low-income families – with a primary focus on the East Side of Manhattan, including East Harlem and Roosevelt Island, using a multi-disciplinary holistic approach to legal representation.
Are you seeking legal assistance?
Walk-in clinics are available for the following matters:
- SNAP Clinic, from 10:00 - 1:00 every Wednesday.
- Tenants’ Rights Advice Clinic, from 10:00 - 1:00 on January 4, March 1 and May 3.
- NYC Rent Freeze - SCRIE Clinic, from 9:30 - 1:00.
The next clinic will be held on December 14, 2017.
- Medicare Part D & Medicare Advantage Plan Open Enrollment by Appointment.
Clinics are held at 331 East 70th Street and operate on a 1st-come, 1st-served basis. You must check-in by 12:00 for clinics.
Our phone intake is currently open for the following matters:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Advance Directives
- Health Care Access
- Affordable Health Insurance
If you need legal assistance in one of these areas, please call our intake hotline at 212-218-0503. Click here for more information on our legal advocacy intake.
All cases will be screened through our intake process and will be accepted on an individual case-by-case basis. If we cannot assist you directly, we will do our best to make an appropriate referral.
Check out our fact sheets for immediate information!
additional Contact Information
Legal Advocacy Director