Our attorneys and advocates provide free, comprehensive civil legal services to individuals and families – frail older adults, people with disabilities and those experiencing homelessness, immigrants, low-wage workers and low-income families – with a primary focus on the East Side of Manhattan, including East Harlem and Roosevelt Island, using a multi-disciplinary holistic approach to legal representation.
Are you seeking legal assistance?
Walk-in clinics are available for the following matters:
- SNAP Clinic, from 10:00 - 1:00 every Wednesday.
- Tenants’ Rights Advice Clinic
The next Lenox Hill Neighborhood House clinic will be on May 10th from 10:00 - 1:00.
The next East Harlem Health Action Center clinic will be on April 18th from 2:00 - 5:00.
- NYC Rent Freeze - SCRIE Clinic, from 10:00 - 1:00.
The next clinic will be held on June 14, 2018.
Clinics are held at 331 East 70th Street and operate on a 1st-come, 1st-served basis. You must check-in by 12:00 for clinics.
Our phone intake is currently open for the following matters:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Advance Directives
- Health Care Access
- Affordable Health Insurance
If you need legal assistance in one of these areas, please call our intake hotline at 212-218-0503. Click here for more information on our legal advocacy intake.
All cases will be screened through our intake process and will be accepted on an individual case-by-case basis. If we cannot assist you directly, we will do our best to make an appropriate referral.
Check out our fact sheets for immediate information!
- Cleanliness and Storage in Your Apartment (Español)
- Discrimination in Housing Based on Source of Income (Español)
- Do You Have Bedbugs in Your Apartment? (Español)
- Does New York State Owe Me Unclaimed Funds? (Español)
- Housing Discrimination in New York City (Español)
- How Can I Find Affordable Housing in NYC? (Español)
- How Do I Apply for a One Shot Deal? (Español)
- How Do I File a Court Case to Get Repairs in My NYCHA Apartment? (Español)
- How Do I Get Help With Rent Arrears? (Español)
- How Do I Get Repairs to My NYCHA Apartment (Español)
- How Do I Transfer to a New NYCHA Apartment? (Español)
- How Do I Use “MyNYCHA” Smart Phone Application? (Español)
- Landlord Harassment (Español)
- How Do I Move Someone Into My NYCHA Apartment? (Español)
- Repair or Replacement of Appliances in Rent Controlled and Rent Stabilized Apartments(Español)
- Do You Need Repairs in Your Apartment? (Español)
- The Eviction Process in New York City (Español)
- What Are My Rights in My Rent Stabilized Apartment? (Español)
- What Can I Do About Noise in My Apartment? (Español)
- What Can I Do if I Have Heat or Hot Water Problems in My NYC Apartment? (Español)
- What is a Section 8 Voucher? (Español)
- What is a Security Deposit? (Español)
For more information about our Legal Advocacy program, please contact:
Legal Advocacy Director